Our Great Commission
"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
What is soul-winning?
Soul-winning is simply telling others about Christ and what Christ has done for us.
Why do we witness?
- It is a command from Jesus. Jesus told us "go."
We go because we know the change that Christ made in our own lives, and He can do the same for others.
1 Corintians 6:9-11 - "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
- We know that God wants a relationship with us. He created us to fellowship with Him. Jesus said that He came "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).
- We know that Hell is real. Jesus spoke more on Hell than he did on Heaven. It is a place of everlasting torment by fire, a place created for the devil and his angels. That said, God is not willing that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9). He wants all men to be saved, but they must accept Christ and not turn Him away.
What is the Gospel?
The Gospel message is still the same, that Jesus died for sinners (which are everyone of us), was buried, rose again, and is seated on the right hand of the Father in Heaven making intercession for us. When a person realizes that they have sinned against God and are willing to turn to God, He will save them, if they ask.
How Do We Witness?
We preach the Gospel message from our pulpit and exhort our members to be a witness to those around them. We witness to others by our actions and words.
- By our actions, we believe that we should live holy, separated lives that glorify Christ. This shows to others how God changes lives.
- By our words, we believe that we should tell others about the Gospel and how it changed our lives.
Ways We Can Witness!
- Personally, one-on-one
- Gospel Tracts
- Gospel Preaching
- Door-to-door Visitation
- Bus Ministry
- Social Media and Website